Monday, June 8, 2009

to be clothed or not to be clothed...

So I got child No. 2 down and in bed and asleep with no crying! I then got my No. 1 child ready for bed and in bed, however, not asleep. I let the No. 1 child know that I was going to jump in the shower. 5 minutes tops. I then informed the child that she would not need me within those 5 minutes.

I get my shower. It was great. ALL.FIVE. MINUTES. Of course I get out of the shower and I hear Child No. 2 crying and Child No. 1 SCREAMING for me. (did I mention I was only in the shower for 5 minutes?) So, here we go...

Child No. 2 was upset because she could not locate the binki. I got it for her and started her musical again and she was fine. I then ran to the bathroom where Child No. 1 was sitting on the potty... pooping. Yay! She pooped in the potty! I wipe her behind and send her off to bed once again.

Here is the thing... I had no towel wrapped around me and of course my robe was nowhere to be found. My daughter starts to sing to me "I see your boobies!" and laughing like it's the funniest thing in the world. (her daddy taught her that... I don't know why) When I turned to walk out she again started singing to me "I see your butt" and again, laughing like it's the funniest thing in the world. Of course it doesn't end there. I walk back into my bedroom and low and behold, there lies my robe on the end of my bed.

I love being a mom!

3 comments:

  1. Haha! I love it. My daughter showed me how to go peepee in the potty today...showed me where to sit, gave me a stool to put my feet on, held me so I wouldn't fall in...the works, although SHE is not exactly doing it on a regular basis! The joys of motherhood! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff! Glad it's you though not me.... but then I can remember when it was me - and it was you on the potty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the nakedness. I used to refuse to be present naked even in my own "alone" presence. Now there is simply no time for modesty. Today I took off James' and my (yes, MY) bathing suits outside at the pool b/c there was just NO time for cleaning the mess it would have left on the kitchen floor.

    ReplyDelete